Friday, June 4

12 yrs old vs 24 yrs old

Yesterday, 80's hardcore was like a big, warm hug for me.
My iPod's shuffle playlist has been more than kind to me the past few days, unbelieviably kind to me. Usually we quarrel over a "wtf" factor but not the past two days, nooooo.
In a spurt of anger, i got Reagan Youth, Ramming Speed, Fleas and Lice, Bad Brains and Jerry's Kids all in a row (perhaps not in that order). Once i calmed down a bit, I got The Buzzcocks, Elton John, Paul Simon and Gogol Bordello.
I am so happy with Apple right night, i could dump all of my savings in to their stock.
Buuuuut, i'm poor.
Anyway, Bad Brains has been unshuffled for a long while for some reason so, yesterday when they popped up, my heart did that little flutter and "BOOM!" an explosion of all those shitty feelings i've been burried under came about. I got my first Bad Brains CD in the 8th grade and i remember the hipster dork telling me all about Bad Brains vs. the Straight Edge movement and my dad laughing at us over in his country section, pft.
Silly dads.
Anyway, i remember it came down to a choosing between Bad Brains or Minor Threat and yup, i picked the weeders.
And look here, they're still curing spurts of anger like teenage angst never knew.
No unfair mentioning of Minor Threat, they too, know all about the anger but, something Bad Brains does to my "innards" could never be touched by Minor Threat.
I mean, can you listen to the full Banned in D.C. album and not wanna start "thrashing like a maniac"?
So, here ya go,

Bad Brains - Big Take Over

No comments:

Post a Comment